When Poor Communication Between Hospital Staff Leads To Patient Injuries
The Fragmentation Of Our Health Care System Can Cause Serious Harm
Our health care delivery system is fragmented, decentralized and impersonal. Lack of communication among doctors, labs, specialists, radiology departments and other areas of a hospital or clinic can only exacerbate the problem. In fact, poor communication in a medical facility, lab or pharmacy has the potential for causing harm and even death to its patients.
Communication Errors Causing Potential Injury Or Death
Here is a list of communication errors that can potentially cause injury or death to a patient:
- Failure or delays in communicating test results to a patient or referring doctor
- Providing the wrong test result to a patient, resulting in injury or wrongful death
- Doctor to doctor or doctor to nurse/staff communication breakdown
- Miscommunication of drug orders
- Failure of pharmacists to properly interpret drug orders
- Failure of staff to notify surgeons of critical information during surgery
Contact Our Phoenix Area Law Firm For Help With Filing A Medical Malpractice Claim
If poor communications at a doctor’s office, clinic or hospital has caused you physical harm or injury, it may be grounds for a medical malpractice claim or lawsuit. An Arizona lawyer at The Law Office of Robert H. Kleinschmidt, P.C., can meet with you during a free case evaluation to discuss your legal options. Call our Scottsdale office today at 480-951-3949 or contact us online.